Entity Browser | Drupal 8 Project
Project Name : Entity Browser
Drupal.org project Link : Entity Browser
Created : 2015-11-21
Last Update : 2017-10-11
Current Version : 8.x-2.0-alpha1
Download Entity Browser 8.x-2.0-alpha1 Version From Drupal.org : Download
Goal of this module is to provide a generic entity browser/picker/selector. It can be used in any context where one needs to select few entities and do something with them.
Possible use cases:
- powerfull entity reference widget,
- embedding entities into wysiwyg,
- you name it!
Entity browser comes with an example module that can be used as a starting point.
There is also File entity browser module that creates a nice widget that allows you to upload files and select from file library. It uses standard entity browser plugins and does some tweaks and themeing on top of that.
Entity browser doesn't provide any configuration UI at the moment. In order to create entity browser configuration one needs to create configuration YAML files and import them.
See documentation for explanation of configuration file structure.
List of available plugins
- Standalone (part of main module)
- iFrame (part of main module)
- Modal (part of main module)
- Dropdown (part of main module)
- Tabs (part of main module)
- Single widget (part of main module)
- File upload (part of main module)
- Media entity image upload
- Views (part of main module)
- DropzoneJS file upload
- DropzoneJS media entity image upload
- Entity form (submodule in main repo)
- No display (part of main module)
- Multi-step display (part of main module)
Modules that use Entity browser
We use Github pull request workflow. Each pull request should have a related and cross-linked drupal.org issue.
Check roadmap meta issue in order to see what current focus of development is.
We are available on #drupal-media IRC channel on Freenode. Maintainers are available for comercial support, coaching, custom development, ...
Our fancy logo was created by David Ličen.